Siddhivinayak Temple on list of targets: David Headley
Mumbai: In second consecutive day of deposition to the court via video, David Headley had revealed that his contact, Sajjid Mir, had asked him to focus on Siddhivinayak Temple
Here is what we know so far:
- In 2006 , he had stayed as a paying guest near the Breach Candy hospital at Shyam Nivas in Mumbai.
- A GPS device was used to store the location. Sajjid Mir handed over the device to him. The device was used for surveillance in Mumbai.
- Multiple targets included Taj Mahal Palace Hotel (Mumbai), Naval, Air station, Maharashtra Police state headquarters, Oberoi Hotel and CST.
- Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Naval base and Air station, Maharashtra Police Headquarters, Oberoi Hotel and the CST were the multiple targets included.
- I gave the videography of the second floor of Taj Hotel (Mumbai) to Sajid Mir (LeT) and Major Iqbal. They were satisfied with it.
- A video of the second floor of the Taj Mahal palace hotel was provided to Sajjid Mir. He was very satisfied with the clip.
- Discussions were held with Major Iqbal of the ISI and Sajjid Mir.
- He conducted surveillance of the Taj Hotel in Mumbai in 2007. David and his wife Faiza stayed on the second floor of the hotel.
- Bashir Sheikh, a friend of Dr Rana, picked up David from the Mumbai Airport.
- Public Prosecutor, Ujjawal Nikam asked, “Why was Mumbai particularly targeted?” He replied “I don’t know why. I didn’t enquire.”
- He was asked to recruit Indian Army men to spy for ISI.
- All details mentioned in his passport were false.
- After the 26/11 attacks, he visited again in March 2009.
This is a developing story and will be updated as when information is available