Friday, February 5th, 2016

More Attacks on India to Follow- Hafiz Saeed

Narada Desk | February 5, 2016 10:06 am Print
Hafiz-Sayeed

Hafiz-Sayeed

Hafiz Saeed, the 26/11 mastermind and one of the prime accused in the Pathankot air base attack has justified the militant action and said that more such operations are on the way.

“Some 800,000 Indian troops are committing genocide on Kashmiris. Don’t they have a right to carry out Pathankot-style attacks for their defence? You have only seen one attack on Pathankot. Matters could easily escalate,” he had said.

The statement is sure to stir feelings along both sides of the border, and calls for immediate intervention from the part of Pakistan authorities, who have assured India of bringing the culprits, including Mr. Saeed into book.

Talking to the reporters regarding the statement, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said: “Hafiz Saeed is a globally designated international terrorist. His claim that his many front organisations are carrying out charitable work is not even a fig leaf. He indulges in terrorist activities and terrorist financing. It should be a matter of grave concern to everyone that a terrorist like Saeed and his associates continues to enjoy the freedom to indulge in their activities.”

Mr. Swarup has also added that Pakistan had failed to rein in Lashkar founder Hafiz Saeed. Despite a ban imposed last year on media coverage of militant groups like Jamaatud-Dawa and Lashkar, the electronic media continued to show Saeed’s speeches in which he spewed venom against India.

RELATED TOPIC
Loading...