South Indian actor Kalabhavan Mani Passed away
| Updated On: 6 March 2016 2:50 PM GMT | Location :
Mani came into mainstream movies through mimicry performancesActed as villain in major Tamil and Telugu moviesThis talented singer and music...
- Mani came into mainstream movies through mimicry performances
- Acted as villain in major Tamil and Telugu movies
- This talented singer and music director released number of folk song albums
- His first movies was 'Aksharam'
- Hes married and was living with wife Nimmy and daughter Sreelakshmy
- He won special jury award for both national and state level
- He won filmfare award for Best villain for the movie 'Gemini'
Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passed away at a private hospital here on Sunday, said his family. He was 45.Unwell for a while, Mani was hospitalised for the past two days.
In a career spanning close to a quarter century, Mani has acted in around 200 films and of late, was seen more often in Tamil films. Beginning his career as a mimicry artiste, he went on to play serious and even villain roles and was a popular singer too, especially of ballads.
For his brilliant portrayal as a blind man in the film "Vasantiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njanum", he won the special jury award at the national and the state level.