Food poisoning at wedding in UP leads to 25 being hospitalised
More than two dozen people have been admitted to various hospitals here after they consumed food at a wedding late on Monday, police said.
The wedding at Jabrauli village in Mohanlalganj was attended by people from nearby areas and after consuming the food many started vomiting and reported of loose motions.
Senior district officials rushed to the wedding site as the news of food poisoning was reported. Some elderly and children were also taken to a nearby community health centre (CHC) for treatment.
Rakesh Kumar, who hosted the wedding dinner, told the police that somebody may have poisoned the food.
Officials have collected samples of the food and sent them for lab testing.
K.P. Tripathi, a CHC superintendent, said that while most of the patients were being treated at their homes, over a dozen were under observation for serious dehydration and other complications.