Changes to be made by the new BCCI President, Anurag Thakur
Following are the major announcements made by newly-elected president Anurag Thakur on reforms/measures set to be undertaken by the BCCI to strive for a better working and organizational stability of the BCCI and the sports of Cricket:
1. BCCI will be giving an advertisement for National Team’s Chief Coach’s post and the deadline to submit applications will be June 10, 2016.
2. Rs 100 Crore will be designated for one-year water conservation project using Solar Panels, and by methods of ‘Rain Water Harvesting’ and ‘Sewage Treatment’ to conserve water during severe crisis like drought.
3. Rs 5 Crore corpus created for next 5 years to help the visually challenged and deaf and dumb cricketers.
4. Santosh Rangnekar appointed new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as part of reforms suggested by Lodha Panel.
5. Minimum 10 percent free tickets for international matches allocated for girl students, specially-abled persons.
6. Specially designated seating area for the physically challenged persons.
7. All stadiums in India to have seats with numbers for convenience of spectators.
8. All state units told to create official Facebook/Twitter accounts as well as have websites wherein they can engage fans by uploading relevant information and statistics.
9. Creating ‘Mobile Coaching App’ licensed by BCCI which can be used in cricket academies in remote areas where they can get access to state-of-the-art coaching as 70 percent associated with these academies have access to smartphones.
10. Implementation of Central Contracts for India’s women cricketers and a detailed report sought within a month.
With Anurag Thakur coming to this post, looks like he is willing to undertake and reform every sort of problem associated with the BCCI. We can just wait and look forward to the fulfillment of these ideas which have been brought in front of the people by him.