Shun yourself from the skin diseases this Monsoon
This moist and humid climate can be little tricky to handle as skin infections are a common problem during the monsoons. Here are a few tips on how to keep skin infections during monsoons at bay.
Monsoon is all about hot cup of tea and snacks, retro music in the background and the pitter-patter raindrops on your window pane. But this moist and humid climate can be little tricky to handle as skin infections are a common problem during the monsoons. While most of the skin problems are easily treated, some can be life threatening too. Here are a few tips on how to keep skin infections during monsoons at bay.
- Bristly Heat Rash- Heat rash is a red pimple eruption. It is caused by sweating that leads to skin pores to choke and as a result, bristly heat rash pops up.
- The Prickly heat will go in a couple of days unless the rash gets infected by scratching it.
- Wear loose cotton and linen clothing.
- Calamine lotion may help to ease the itching.
- Nail Infection- Nails are at risk of fungal infections during the monsoon. They become discolored, brittle and dull. Try not to keep long nail during the monsoon, as long nail attracts muck and microbes, thereby leading to fungal infection.
- Anti-Fungal cream or powder.
- Oral medication on consultation with a dermatologist.
- Psoriasis- Constant skin condition in which red patches start appearing on the skin with wound which causes itching and bleeding.
- Aloe vera is beneficial for skin diseases caused by rain.
- Opt for some home remedy like a mixture of gram flour, rose water and milk.
- Use anti-bacterial soaps, talcum powders and face washes.
- Athlete’s Feet- These are painful fungal infection generally caused by ill-fitting and wet shoes. It usually starts with a red rash which then converts into blisters or cracks.
- One should not wear plastic shoes, leather or canvas ones and instead wear slippers and flip-flops as they let your feet breathe.
- Wear washed, cotton socks and keep feet clean and dry.
- Ringworm infection- This starts as a small portion and spreads in the shape of a ring. Excessive sweating, caused by humidity, increases the chances of picking up ringworm.
- Never wear wet clothes as they immediately lead to fungal infections.
- Use anti-fungal cream. There are many anti-fungal cream available in the market.