Monsoon is all about hot cup of tea and snacks, retro music in the background and the pitter-patter raindrops on your window pane. But this moist and humid climate can be little tricky to handle as skin infections are a common problem during the monsoons. While most of the skin problems are easily treated, some can be life threatening too. Here are a few tips on how to keep skin infections during monsoons at bay.
– The Prickly heat will go in a couple of days unless the rash gets infected by scratching it.
– Wear loose cotton and linen clothing.
– Calamine lotion may help to ease the itching.
– Anti-Fungal cream or powder.
– Oral medication on consultation with a dermatologist.
– Aloe vera is beneficial for skin diseases caused by rain.
– Opt for some home remedy like a mixture of gram flour, rose water and milk.
– Use anti-bacterial soaps, talcum powders and face washes.
– One should not wear plastic shoes, leather or canvas ones and instead wear slippers and flip-flops as they let your feet breathe.
– Wear washed, cotton socks and keep feet clean and dry.
– Never wear wet clothes as they immediately lead to fungal infections.
– Use anti-fungal cream. There are many anti-fungal cream available in the market.