This is the best way to get Tinder matches to turn into Tinder date!
The challenge with Tinder is acquisition, specifically, relevant acquisition. Swipers are generally on a rampage, flicking left with ferocity, so you need something that will make them stop in their tracks.
That’s either a gimmick, or something that defines your greatness. The gimmick will probably result in a screenshot of your profile and a laugh to their friends.
The greatness profile is exactly where you want to be. My experiment revolved around the ‘ABC’ of profile acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Appearance Experimentation
- Bio Experimentation
- Chat Experimentation
For the Appearance, carefully select six best representations of your lifestyle, and proceeded to rotate these on a weekly basis:
- Image Count: 6
- Timeframe: 6 weeks
- Image rotation: Weekly
- Control: Selective 20 daily right swipes
- KPI: Matches
Next, change Bio to include specific call-to-action elements that are relevant to target audience. This included:
- A pleasure-point for intellectual women
- A teaser of what you do (to build intrigue)
- Tickbox items of elements women tend to look for in a man
- Asked for what type of women you like to be matched with
- Supporting online assets
Thirdly, was the Chat, perhaps the single most important element, as this is what will land you a date. Although this wasn’t necessarily an experiment
- Tested opening lines by using compliments that don’t mention their physical appearance
- Used chat-invoking questions (simple networking practices)
- Used active listening and made the conversation about them
- Interjected with witty banter where opportunities presented themselves
a) Start of with something that isn’t too Generic or boring
b) Don’t push for a meet up or a date, AS SOON as the conversation has begun (90% of guys do this), and you’ve barely found out any thing about her (what would she think you want to meet up with her for?.. qualify her a bit, tell her why you want to meet up)
c) Be clear in your intentions, and suggest you guys meet up some other time (one trick: say ‘ YOU WOULD suggest you meet up, but not sure she won’t turn into a creepy stalker’; it flips the table, and 99% of the time has great results).