Dubai police statement on Indian man who raped 90 girls in Dubai Mall
They dismissed rumours on social media about an Indian man who had raped 90 girls in Dubai Mall and have asked the public to refrain from such activities
The Dubai police have strongly warned against anyone creating or spreading rumours in any form, especially using social media.
The city police said such actions would warrant legal action, according to a report published in Gulfnews.com
They dismissed rumours on social media about an Indian man who had raped 90 girls in Dubai Mall and have asked the public to refrain from such activities.
The Dubai Police on Tuesday conveyed their message through Twitter and called on the public to obtain information only from official sources.
“Citizens, residents and visitors to the UAE have confidence that the city is a safe place for everybody to work and live in,” they tweeted.
In a series of tweets, they said: “We are confident in advanced devices which work efficiently to ensure the safety and security of every individual and the happiness of the entire society.”
Police had previously said rumours that could cause confusion among the public and lead to destabilisation of the country's security will be dealt with severely.
They also have constantly warned the public not to interact with rumours and misinformation, images and news received via social networking sites, and not publish or reproduce them in any form to avoid legal accountability.