No Indian casualty reported in Nice ‘terror’ attack so far: MEA
The External Affairs Ministry on Friday said there were no reports of any Indian being affected in the “terror” attack in Nice city of France, which left at least 80 persons dead.
The Indian Embassy in Paris has opened a helpline number: +33-1-40507070.
“Our Ambassador in Paris is in touch with the Indian community in Nice. So far, no report of any Indians affected. Our Embassy in Paris has opened helpline +33-1-40507070,” tweeted Vikas Swarup, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs.
At least 80 persons were killed on Thursday night when a large truck mowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. French President Francois Hollande said the truck attack was of a “terrorist character”.
“We condemn the attack. We are monitoring the situation. There are no reports of any Indian affected so far,” Swarup told a news channel.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also condemned the “terror” attack in Nice, saying India stood with France in the hour of sadness.
Modi hoped for an early recovery of the injured people. Over 150 persons were injured in the mayhem.