There are a number of things that can slow down your iPhone:
1. Running out of storage. The iPhone needs storage space to handle a number of operations and if it is not available, it slows down a lot of processes.
2. Upgrading to an operating system not tuned for your device. If you have an iPhone 4 and upgrades to iOS 7 you’ll see performance drops as the operating system requires more muscle. 3. You’ve got too many apps open. Every app takes up valuable ram space. As you run out of ram, the system slows down as it has to write data to disk instead.
How to fix it:
1. Kill all open apps. Double click home and hold finger until red minus button appears. Click this on all apps until they are gone.
2. Hard reset your phone. Hold home and top power button until phone restarts.
3. Clear safari data. Go to Settings -> Safari -> Clear History & Clear Cookies and Data.
4. Delete and re-add mail accounts. Note: make sure you’ve got all of your mail stored elsewhere as well otherwise you’ll lose it.
5. Uninstall unnecessary apps to free up storage space.
6. Only upgrade to operating systems that are recommended for your device.
- If it’s still slow, look at your apps. Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, and other messaging and social apps take a lot of RAM because they need to constantly refresh to give you a notification when someone sends you a message, repins your pin, or does whatever else.
- Head in to Settings > General > Us
- Double push the home button and swipe all your apps to the top. This will close them all and give you more RAM to use for other things.Push down the home and power buttons at the SAME TIME. This will restart your device and get rid of everything you were running, so it should be faster that way too.
- age to check how much space is free on your iPhone or iPad. You should have a couple gigabytes free at all times.
A few other things you can do (a little bit more technically advanced):
- Turn off Automatic Updates. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > and turn Updates off. If you spend a lot of time uploading Music, Apps and Books you might want to turn off those as well.
- Turn off Background App Refresh. Tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
- Turn off Motion. Tap on Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and set Reduce Motion to On. This turns off the parallax effect of icons and alerts (many people find it easier to use in this setting).
- Increase Contrast. Tap on Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast and set Increase Contrast to On. This disables the see-through background effects, which speeds up iOS 7. It’s most noticeable on Control Centre which will now have a solid background and should work much faster.