10 Supplements to grow your beard
You can try to aid beard growth by taking vitamin B1, B6 and B12, along with beta-carotene, flax seed oil and nettle oil. But the best supplement for optimal beard growth is biotin, which can be found in most pharmacies and health food stores.
Vitamin A, or retinol – makes the hair elastic, restores the structure of hair, combats dryness and loss ( yellow and green fruits and vegetables, butter, egg yolk, liver, fish, carrots, gooseberries, apricots)
B vitamins – are responsible for hair growth and make them shiny and strong. Vitamin B12, B6 and B1 – accelerate the growth of hair, B2 – makes them healthy, B5 and B3 are required for the growth of hair follicles, B8 prevents hair loss, and B9 – helps with hair loss and graying. These vitamins are contained in excess in cereals, nuts, eggs, carrots and beans.
Vitamin E – also good vitamin for hair growth, which improves the oxygenation of the blood. This vitamin is essential for those who want to grow long hair. It is found invegetable oils, seeds and nuts.
Vitamin C – is also responsible for hair growth and helps to avoid their loss, as perfectly stimulates blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles. They are rich in cabbage, citrus fruits, rosehips, peppers, currants and kiwi.
Biotin or vitamin H – is very useful vitamins for hair growth, which also strengthens the structure. They are rich in beans, nuts, soy, oats, brewer’s yeast.
Zinc and copper – to prevent hair loss and promote faster hair growth. Found in shrimp, beans, liver, walnuts and kupah.
Iron – makes the hair strong, preventing breakage. They are rich in liver, egg yolks and nuts.
Sulfur – strengthens the hair shaft and inhances the color. Contained in garlic, fish and liver.
Molybdenum – accelerates the growth of hair. They are contained in cocoa, liver and kidneys of animals, peas.
Silicon – makes the hair elastic and strong, improves their growth. They are contained in cereals and root crops.
There’s some evidence that vitamin D can activate hair follicles that have become dormant. B vitamins like B12, biotin, and niacin can strengthen and help condition hair.
Try rubbing monoxidil oil or gel based; on beard
– Take 5000 mcg of Biotin capsules, once a day
– Take steam and massage regularly to open the pores/cuticles of beard hair
– Condition the beard regularly
– Use nice beard cream to make it look organised
– Massage your beard often with coconut oil.
Keratin hair supplements are the ingestible pill version of the well-known and beloved hair straightening treatment designed to smooth and shine frizzy hair.
What does keratin do?
Keratin is the protein component found in hair strands. Topical keratin treatments or keratin hair supplements are intended to nourish and strengthen hair strands with proteins. in fact,often include formaldehyde, which can be very damaging to strands and can be a harmful chemical that can cause adverse reactions in some individuals and, some experts believe, may cause cancer in the long term. Not only that, but keratin protein treatments involve a high-heat flat iron to smooth the hair cuticle and remove frizziness. The use of high-temperature styling tools plus the formaldehyde in keratin supplements can cause hair loss, and dry, brittle and damaged hair, not to mention the potential risks to your health.
What are keratin supplements for hair made of?
Keratin hair supplements are generally a blend of soluble keratin (cynatine HNS) such as herbs or nutriceuticals claiming to nourish hair. Keratin hair volumizers may also contain collagen, which claims to boost the elasticity and strength of hair. Some clinical studies have shown that supplementing with keratin over a 3-month period may decrease hair loss and promote hair strength. However, keratin hair supplements are a less common and less well-known hair loss supplement. More research needs to be done on the short- and long-term effects of ingesting keratin for hair growth.
- Growing a beard is a project you need to commit to. Don’t give up after several days! If after four or five weeks you still don’t have results you’re looking for, then it is time to try some alternative methods.
- Do not shave your facial hair at the first sign of itching. It is normal for new hairs to cause your skin to feel itchy, but as they get longer, they will soften, and the itching will stop.
- Use an over-the-counter steroid cream like hydro-cortisone. This may help relieve some of the itching.
- Waiting for hair to grow can be a frustrating experience, especially when your beard and mustache goes through a scraggly period, that may have people commenting. As your hair begins to grow in, it may seem patchy and incomplete. However, as the hairs become longer, the slower-growing follicles will have time to sprout their own hairs. Gradually, the patchy gaps will eventually be hidden, both by longer hairs and the slower, shorter hairs growing in as well.