Check out these best home remedies for severe menstrual cramps
- Watch what you eat – Eat a good amount of fruits – Bananas are especially helpful, also try to stay away from milk and dairy, especially in the first few days. Don’t eat a lot of greasy or fried foods. cutting down on coffee and/or alcohol can help too (though
- Lie in different positions – It helps. Sometimes lying on one side as opposed to the other helps more, sometimes it’s lying on my back. Basically, figure out what reduces the pain the most.
- Painkillers – If you’re someone who regularly takes mild painkillers like ibuprofen, then you might try this, but it’s not really 100% necessary.
- Wear clothing that is loose around your abdomen – Kind of obvious, yet not. Wear clothes that don’t restrict or compress your abdomen and stomach area. Sweat pants and pajama pants are your friends (especially at home).
- Applying a hot water bottle or heat pad to your abdomen – The heat will loosen and relax your muscles. Use this method sometimes just for general stomach discomfort, but it works pretty nicely for cramps too.
Take calcium and magnesium supplements consistently, as these supplements work in show to help muscle unwinding. You ought to go for an aggregate of around 1000mg of calcium day by day, and up to 500mg of magnesium every day. On the off chance that you encounter free stools, lessen the measurements. (Note: we suggest you utilize calcium citrate, since it has a tendency to be more effectively ingested into the framework than calcium carbonate.)
Attempt a Tea
Raspberry leaf is thought to be a mellow uterine tonic. Attempt some raspberry leaf tea every day consistently. It is accessible at Whole Foods by the organization Traditional Medicinals. Remember you are searching for the natural tea, not raspberry-seasoned dark tea!
Eat More Greens
Dim verdant greens are a dietary wellspring of magnesium, calcium, and incalculable different micronutrients. These supplements are crucial for intervening muscle compressions. In Chinese dietary treatment, dull green vegetables are additionally thought to be somewhat purifying, which is the thing that the body needs in a “stagnation” condition. Some greens, for example, dandelion greens (severe, however extremely supportive) additionally have a mellow diuretic impact, which lessens bloating.
Caffeine, particularly from espresso, is an understood vasoconstrictor – it makes veins contract. To be sure, it might bring about the vessels that bolster the uterus to fix more than they do in non-espresso consumers. In case you’re a die hard espresso consumer and can’t remove it, take a stab at maintaining a strategic distance from it just in the week prior to your period and check whether you see a change.
Utilize a Heating Pad
A warming cushion or boiling point water container is a basic, proven approach to lessen muscle fits.
Certain needle therapy focuses are thought to control blood course through the stomach cavity and unwind the sensory system, which can quiet solid constrictions. Considers demonstrate that needle therapy is pretty much as compelling as over-the-counter mitigating prescriptions for lessening torment.