Watermelon diet: Pros and cons
| Updated On: 2016-08-14 21:54:15.0 | Location :
Watermelon diet will definitely make you lose lot of weight. But, you will be losing more than that..
Watermelons are 92% liquid. This diet is more of cleaning your body. For detoxing, watermelon diet should be done for 5 days. If you are considering a diet on this fruit then know the Pros and Cons.
- Watermelon is an health food because it doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol, and high in fiber and vitamins A.
- It is very low in sodium and contains only 40 calories per cup.
- This food diet is very easy to follow since you need only watermelons and sheer determination! You could eat around a pound of watermelon 5 times a day (Whoa!)
- This immediately removes the solid waste that is stuck to the colon walls, which in eliminates the bloating and discomforts.
- Every part of the fruit is edible including the seeds and the rind.
- Boosts sexual health.
- It makes you get rid of constipation.
- You can quickly reduce weight.
- Gives your hair a moisturized look.
- It will make you weaker if you do not have good amount of watermelons
- You cannot pass your stool regularly as days pass since watermelon contains only of liquid. Therefor there is hardly anything that comes in the form of stool apart from the seeds.
- Studies also show that once you reduce weight, you tend to go back on the usual routine which makes the diet go in vain.
- Too much potassium in blood leads a way to hyperkalemia.
- Continuation of this diet could make you prone to diseases like cardiovascular and nerve disorders.
- If the diet is not followed accordingly, it can cause you nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- This kind of diet should not go for a longer time or months as this might involve breaking down of internal organs.
- Some people develop allergic reactions such as skin rashes, swelling of face or anaphylaxis.
- Consuming in a very large quantity can cause you gastrointestinal disturbances.