As the launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus draws near, rumours mills have been on an overdrive churning news and leaks every minute for Apple enthusiasts. Here we have sourced information from various technology websites following developments of the upcoming Apple iPhone closely to give our readers an idea as to what they can expect when Apple launches the smartphone on September 7.
* The new iPhone will have extended storage options that range from 32, 128 and 256GB, removing the 64GB option. There will be no 16GB iPhone model.
*The iPhone 7 models will come with tweaked antenna lines from its predecessor iPhone 6s models.
* It will also feature an new A10 chip from TSMC that could top out at 2.4-2.45 GHz, although Apple may clock it a bit lower due to heat and power consumption concerns.
* Apple is rumored to remove the universal 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone.
* Reports are pointing to a slimmer iPhone with the 3.5mm headphone jack being dropped from designs.
* Reports suggest that Apple is looking to do away with the traditional Home button. The new iPhone will come with a pressure-sensitive Home button and use haptic feedback to make it feel like you’re pushing it in, even though it won’t physically move.
* iPhone 7 is expected to come in five color options including the usual silver, gold, and rose gold, along with a “dark black” or “blacker black” replacing the usual Space Gray. A new fifth color Kuo describes as glossy “piano black” will also be offered.
* The iPhone 7 will reportedly add two new LED flashes.
* Improved IPX7 water resistance matching that of the original Apple Watch and making the device suitable for splashes, showering, and even brief dips in water up to one meter deep.
The wait will soon be over as Apple has confirmed that it will launch the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus day after on 7 September. With the launch it will be clear how many rumors and leaks about the new Apple iPhone come true.