Tuesday, September 6th, 2016

Sony Pictures Offers Daniel Craig $150 Million for two James Bond movies

Shifali Singh | September 6, 2016 6:58 pm Print
It seems as if the producers are having a hard time to replace Daniel Craig for the his role as iconic British spy James Bond 007

In the past few months, there have been many rumours that that the hunt for the next James Bond actor had begun, though the search failed so far. Some of the actors who were rumoured to be replacing Daniel Craig to play the role of British agent 007 were Tom Hiddleston, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba.

Now news emerged that the producers, Sony Pictures took a decision that no actor could match Daniel Craig’s performance as James Bond 007. According to the sources Daniel Craig is being offered a hefty amount of $150 million in order to come back as James Bond 007 and act in two more movies.

However, there has been no confirmation from Sony Pictures and Daniel Craig on it. The last time we heard from him, he made it very clear that he had no intention of doing any more James Bond movies and that he was planning to moving on from the celebrated spy tag.

“I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists,” Daniel had told Time Out. He also said “No, not at the moment. Not at all. That’s fine. I’m over it at the moment. We’re done [with production of Spectre]. All I want to do is move on”.

“At the moment, we’ve done it. I’m not in discussion with anybody about anything. If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.” Craig added.

After such a powerful and public denials that he had no intention of returning back on the sets of James Bond, it is going to be interesting  to see weather or not the bait of $150 million would lure Daniel Craig back into the trap he promised he would never fall prey for again.

The shooting for both the James Bond movies, that are to follow Spectre, are going to take place virtually together as there has been much delay in commencing the much expected spy thriller.