Bihar 'fake topper' Rubi Rai never wrote her exams

The arts topper, while giving an interview to media just after the result was declared, has said that 'prodigal� (political) science was all about cooking


In what can be called a scandalous revelation on infamous Bihar topper case, Forensic Science Laboratory has prepared a report, in which, they said Ruby Rai, the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)’s Class XII (arts) topper of 2016 did not write the answer sheets on her own. The probe team says the answer sheets of the Rubi Rai were written by ‘experts’.

According to the report of the forensic science laboratory (FSL), the handwriting on the answer sheets of Rai, who had pronounced political science as “prodigal science”, were not hers, but of the experts who wrote for her, said Patna senior superintendent of police Manu Maharaj who received a copy of the report on Saturday.

The arts topper, while giving an interview to media just after the result was declared, has said 'prodigal’ (political) science was all about cooking. The news clip went viral, causing widespread condemnation of the education system in Bihar.  Her statement had taken the lid off a big racket operating in Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).

The SSP Maharaj said an examination of answer sheets also brought to light the fact that marks jotted down on her copies were tampered with many times.

 The State government instituted an SIT headed by Manu Maharaj to conduct a probe into the scam and answer sheets of some candidates were sent for forensic examination.

The results of Rai and that of Saurabh Kumar, Science topper in the state’s Plus 2 examination this year, were cancelled after they failed to replicate their performance in a re—test.

The then BSEB Chairman Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh, his former JD(U) MLA wife Usha Sinha and other board officials involved in the racket were arrested and jailed.

Secretary of the Bishundeo Rai college Bachacha Rai, from where the Arts and Science toppers hailed, is also in jail. The "topper" was arrested on June 25 after she came to appear in the test and later released on bail on August 1.