Brangelina spoke directly for custody agreement, says reports
As the star couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Pitt filed for divorce last month, the heartbreak of Brangelina fans spread like wildfire. As the divorce has got nasty, the latest reports claim that the couple spoke directly to reach a new custody agreement on their six kids.
In a report of Entertainment Times, actress’ representative informed that “childcare professionals have encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides over a week ago.”
“In accordance with this agreement, the six children will stay in their mother’s custody, and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father,” the statement continued. “This has been determined by childcare professionals to be in the children’s best interest.”
However, it is unclear what therapeutic visits entailed, and Jolie Pitt’s representatives said they could not provide additional details.
The report claimed that this agreement is separate from the voluntary safety plan implemented by the Department of Child and Family Services that was extended last month, and is the first step towards a more permanent custody agreement.
“This is what Brad and Angelina have decided between each other for the children,” a source informed ET. “The agreement is also indefinite, so there is no time frame to it, it is in place until they decide to make a change… This is a good sign, it is the first step. This means one issue is now off the table for them.”
After Jolie Pitt filed divorce petition in September with demand for full custody of the six children, Pitt filed his response to her divorce petition on Friday and requested joint custody of the couple’s six children: 15-year-old Maddox, 12-year-old Pax, 11-year-old Zahara, 10-year-old Shiloh, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
“Back when Angelina first filed for divorce, she said that the reason she filed was for the safety and health and well-being of the kids and that has been her consistent point of view from the beginning,” the source explained. “Nothing has changed.”
“Unlike Jolie’s side, Brad’s side is actually attempting to abide by the confidentiality agreement that both parties signed, something Angelina’s side has no interest in doing,” a source close to the Jolie-Pitt child custody battle reportedly said. “From the beginning, Brad only wants to do what’s best for the children, and that’s not fighting this in the public press.”
Reportedly, Jolie Pitt filed for divorce in September, days after Pitt was involved in a disturbance during a private flight with his family. It had been reported that Pitt was accused of being abusive toward the teenager, but authorities were not notified when the plane landed in Minnesota. Various media outlets cited multiple sources claiming that the incident was being investigated by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, but the agency said it could not confirm whether it was involved.
In her divorce petition, Angelina Jolie Pitt cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the breakup, and an attorney said at the time she filed for divorce “for the health of the family.” And the same reason was given by Pitt in his petition. However, it also makes no mention of a prenuptial agreement that will govern how the pair divides their assets. He also cites Sept. 15 as the day of their separation, one day after the alleged plane altercation between Pitt and his 15-year-old son, Maddox.
The couple had been married for two years, while being together for 12 years after becoming close while filming 2005’s “Mr. & Mrs. Smith.”
The reports have also claimed Pitt won’t be withdrawing his petition for shared custody, as it “preserves his rights in the future.”