Donald Trump's Top 10 outrageous and stupid remarks
During the race to the title, he made headlines with his arrogant,racist and anti-immigrant remarks which analysts said would damage his campaign
Donald Trump won the race to White House to become the 45th President of United States of America. He beat Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in the battle by grabbing 289 electoral votes against her 218.
During the race to the title, he made headlines with his arrogant,racist and anti-immigrant remarks which analysts said would damage his campaign. But all those negativity are on the forgotten pages of history now.
People embraced Trump and gave him a lead in the popular vote of 48% where his more politically correct rival Clinton got 47%.
On a very happy day for him and his Republican party which managed to win both the House of Representatives and Senate, let us dig his 10 most outrageous and stupid comments.
1. “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud”
Trump was determined enough that outgoing President Barack Obama was not born in US. Several times, he said he was going to 'expose' Obama's birth place.
2. “Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!”
We all know what he meant by it.
3. “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”
A man who always has good things to say about successful, powerful women, Trump's comment about Huffington Post founder became a standard for what we say as low.
4. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”Trump hit a low with his misogynist comment about you know who.
Trump hit a low with his misogynist comment about you know who.
5. “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
One of President elected's famous remarks triggered criticism from literally everyone. Hillary used it to fuel his campaign but to no use.
6. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”
Trump's racist slur against illegal migrants was highly criticised. Clinton who was on defensive stand by her leaked mail controversy used it in her campaign.
7. “Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”
He always had something against the first Black President of America. Trump was ruthless when it came to Obama.
8. “If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”
Trump's sexist comments about famous TV personality Rosie O'Donell made hot headlines.
9. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
The elected President always held the view that he was a womaniser. His Reality show The Apprentice had lots of women candidiates.Again, people say the remarks were misogynst.
10. “One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
Trump considered himself as an apolitical person who wanted to make "America great again". His words about politics as a rotten system received flak even from his Republican party colleagues.
As he is readying himself to occupy the post of most powerful nation's leader, let us see whether Trump regrets or forgets these words.