Kolkata: Fire breaks out at SSKM hospital
A fire broke out on the sixth floor of the government-run SSKM hospital in Kolkata on Monday morning.
The fire reportedly broke out in the Ronald Ross building which houses the hospital’s cardiology department. Six fire tenders have been rushed to the hospital and staff members and patients are reportedly being evacuated. Television images showed flames coming out of a window as firemen tried to douse the fire.
No casualties have been reported as of now and the cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained.
This is the second time when a fire has been reported in the same hospital, in a span of just three months. Earlier in September fire broke out in an electrical feeder box in SSKM hospital. A short circuit was the cause of the fire at that time.
In August also two persons were killed and over 20 injured in a stampede after a fire broke out in Murshidabad Medical College of West Bengal.