Security forces kill two terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora
Earlier on Monday, a Border Security Force (BSF) head constable was killed and three other army men were injured in the early hours of Monday after Pakistani the Army resorted to heavy cross-border firing in Rajouri.
In an anti-militancy operation launched by security forces, an encounter broke out between militants and security forces in Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir today where two terrorists were killed, while the combing operation continues.
Reportedly, Security forces had launched an anti-militancy operation following tip-off about the presence of militants in Hanjan area. Some gunshots were exchanged at the start of the operation.
Earlier on Monday, a Border Security Force (BSF) head constable was killed and three other army men were injured in the early hours of Monday after Pakistani the Army resorted to heavy cross-border firing in Rajouri sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Reportedly, the firing began on Sunday night and was the third ceasefire violation since Saturday. Rai Singh, who hailed from Rohtak of Haryana, was injured in last night cross-border shelling and succumbed to his injuries, a BSF officer said.
Earlier an army officer said, “Pakistani army resorted to heavy cross-border firing in the Rajouri sector, in which four of our soldiers have been injured.” He had said the army was giving befitting response to the Pakistani fire and the exchange of fire was going on till last reports came in. Sunday’s violation of the ceasefire came a day after a BSF jawan and a woman were injured and two houses damaged when Pakistani troops targeted Indian posts and civilian areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in Nowshera and Sunderbani sectors of Rajouri with mortar attacks and small arms fire.
It is to be noted here that there have been a whopping 286 incidents of firing and shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir by Pakistani troops that have resulted in the death of 26 people, including 14 security personnel, since the surgical strike on terrorist launch pads in PoK on September 29.