×

Why should the Government torture 80% of innocent people?asks actor Vijay

'Public is struggling to meet their basic needs like food and medicine. Situation has forced may to commit suicide as the money they garnered has become useless. A few children died in hospitals.These incidents could well have been avoided, feels Ilaya Thalapathi of Tamil cinema

As mixed responses are coming out about the recent demonetisation drive by the center, kolliwood superstar Vijay has come down heavily on the demonitisation drive stating that it is hitting the poorer section hard. “Only 20% of our people are rich, if some of them have committed mistake by accumulating black money, why should the remaining 80% suffer?” He was talking to the media persons at Chennai.’ The government might be having good intentions, no doubt that it could improve our economy, he continued .’When big decisions are taken, there will be big impacts too, caution should have been taken to reduce the pressure of it’.

‘Public is struggling to meet their basic needs like food and medicine. Situation has forced many to commit suicide as the money they garnered has become useless. A few children died in hospitals.These incidents could well have been avoided, feels Ilaya Thalapathi of Tamil cinema. This is the first time that a star of Vijay’s stature coming up with an open criticism against the Government on demonitisation drive.

Top