6-yr-old dies after falling into boiling sambar vessel in Telengana
In a freak tragedy, a 6-year-old boy, who had queued up for a mid-day meal at a primary school in Telangana, on Friday died after he accidentally fell into a vessel containing boiling sambar.
The incident occurred at Eeduluru Government School in Kattangur mandal in Nalgonda district.
Officials said a minor scuffle between the students accidentally pushed Jayavardhan into the vessel and he suffered 70 per cent burn injuries. He was rushed to Nalgonda government hospital.
Later, he was shifted to state-run Osmania Hospital in Hyderabd, where he succumbed to him injuries by midnight.
District collector Gaurav Uppal visited the child in hospital and announced ex gratia of Rs.2 lakh, a government job and a house site to the family members of the deceased boy, the police said, adding that the headmaster of the school was suspended and probe was on.
Following a complaint by the grandfather of the deceased boy, a case of negligence was filed against three women cooks with Katangoor police station.