Bengaluru: Man surrenders after shooting dead wife's paramour; she commits suicide

After getting to know of the affair, Rajesh had been keeping tabs on his wife's movements and had installed a GPS in her car

Bengaluru: Man surrenders after shooting dead wife

An extramarital affair has left two families broken, shattered forever in Bengaluru. A married Amith Keshavamurthy, a 34-year-old lawyer, was in love with 29-year-old Shruthi Gowda, a panchayath development officer from Gollahalli in Nelamangala and married to a realtor.

According to the police, both Amith and Shruthi were distant relatives and had an extramarital affair for more than a year.

When their families got to know of the relationship, they warned them to end the affair. However, they continued to meet and in a fit of rage, Shruthi’s husband Rajesh and her father-in-law Gopalakrishna shot Amith.

Shruthi Gowda, who was with him in her car, drove the bleeding Amith to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. Shruthi then went to a lodge and committed suicide.

Her husband and father-in-law surrendered and both claimed to have shot Amith.

The incidents happened in Hessaraghatta on Friday afternoon.

The incident took place around 3 pm near Acharya College in Soladenahalli.

After getting to know of the affair, Rajesh had been keeping tabs on his wife's movements and had installed a GPS in her car.

"On Friday morning, Shruthi went to office as usual. During lunch hour, Rajesh contacted her over phone and asked where she was, and she replied she was in a meeting. But Rajesh found out that her car was moving towards Hesaraghatta Road as he was tracking its movement through his mobile phone," police told
Deccan Chronicle.

An enraged Rajesh decided to put an end to this and left with his father. He also took the licenced revolver of his father. They tracked the car near Acharya college.

On seeing Shruthi sitting with Amith in the car, the father and son picked up a fight with Amith. Following a heated argument, Rajesh shot Amith in the chest.

The accused then went to the Soladevahalli police and surrendered, while Shruthi drove Amith to a nearby hospital. As the doctors declared him brought dead, she left the hospital.

The police rushed there but could not find Shruthi. Again, Rajesh tracked her car and informed police about its location. The police found the car parked at a lodge close to the hospital where Shruthi had hanged herself. "Both the accused are claiming that they shot Amith. The FSL experts are examining to find out who fired the shot,” the police said.