OnePlus launches Oxygen OS 4.0.1, a bug patching update for OnePlus 3 and 3T
The most interesting thing is that the issues here are caused by bugs in Android OS source code which are maintained by Google and not something by the additions of OnePlus or OxygenOS code
OnePlus after their official cancellation of the original update for Android Nougat-based Oxygen OS 4.0 is back with a bug fixing update just after a week. The latest version v4.0.1 comes back with a number of bugs reported by users in a week.
The update will be available for both OnePlus 3 as well as OnePlus 3T users.
The most interesting thing is that the issues here are caused by bugs in Android OS source code which are maintained by Google and not something by the additions of OnePlus or OxygenOS code.
We have given the details of the changes in the new update.
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
- Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Increased System Stability
The most reported issues with Oxygen OS 4.0.1 are given below along with possible fixes.
- Apps might not download from Play Store.
- If you are trying to download via Data Roaming, it will not work. This is a known Google issue.
- Try turning on Battery Saving Mode and reset Play Store app preferences.
- If you have these 3 apps installed: Truecaller, AVG Antivirus and PayTm, please try to force stop or uninstall them before performing download from Play Store.
- If you still experience mobile data issues caused by APN, please go to APN settings page and manually choose try all the options.
- WiFi connectivity might still fluctuate.
OnePlus is planning to focus on their second device in the market, OnePlus 2 by working on the Android Nougat update. The company had earlier declared that it is planning on Android Nougat update for OnePlus 2.