Hafiz Saeed tells Pakistan government to remove his name from travel ban list

Last month, Pakistan authorities had put Hafiz Saeed and 37 others of his terror outfits on the Exit Control List.

Hafiz Saeed tells Pakistan government to remove his name from travel ban list

Mumbai 26/11 attack mastermind and chief of terror group Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Hafiz Saeed has told Pakistan government to immediately remove his name from a list that bars him from leaving the country.

According to a report in Press Trust of India, Saeed claimed that he is not a security risk. Saeed, in a letter to Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, said: "A memorandum issued on January 30, 2017 placing 38 individuals should be withdrawn forthwith."


Last month, Pakistan authorities had put Hafiz Saeed and 37 others of his terror outfits on the Exit Control List, preventing them from leaving the country. It also put Hafiz Saeed and four others under "house arrest" for 90 days for engaging in activities "prejudicial" to peace and security.

In addition, the interior ministry put Jamaat-ud-Dawa and Falah-e-Insaniyat on a "watch-list" for six months. However, the terrorist contended the government's decision saying: "The JuD has never been involved in any terrorist activity in (within) Pakistan."

He also argued that no material has ever been produced by federal or provincial governments against him in a Pakistani court.