Hyderabad: Six odisha workers burnt alive
The neighbours immediately alerted the police who called 4 fire tenders to bring the fire under control.
In a fire which broke out in an air-cooler manufacturing unit at Attapur, six Odisha workers were burnt alive in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The Hindustan Times reported that the incident happened when the workers, all belonging to Odisha, were sleeping in the shed of ‘A1 Air-Coolers’, a small scale unit made of iron sheets.
Gangi Reddy, Rajendranagar assistant commissioner of police said preliminary investigations revealed that the fire broke out due to short-circuit in the air-cooler.
The fire engulfed the entire area before the workers could have realised. Police suspect the workers had bolted the door from inside, which could have hampered their exit. The neighbours immediately alerted the police who called 4 fire tenders to bring the fire under control.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation authorities are clearing the debris to search for any more bodies under the rubble. Reddy said owner of the air-cooler manufacturing unit Pramod Kumar was taken into custody and an investigation was on.