NCW seeks report from Kerala govt on actress' kidnap, torture incident
| Updated On: 2017-02-21 04:59:17.0 | Location :
Meanwhile, the actor�s kin have denied all rumours spreading about the incident, including that another prominent actor was involved in it.
The National Commission for Women on Monday sought a report from the Kerala government over the sexual assault case filed by a Malayalam actress.
The commission has asked state DGP Loknath Behera to explain what action has been taken so far and to submit the report within a week, The News Minute reported.
“It is a shocking incident. We have asked for a report from DGP. If necessary, we will visit the state for evidence collection,” Commission chairperson Lalitha Kumaramangalam told media.
As per reports, the commission has already contacted actor-cum-director Lal, who helped the victim file a police complaint in the case.
Meanwhile, the actor’s kin have denied all rumours spreading about the incident, including that another prominent actor was involved in the incident. “We strongly support her and such incidents should not happen again in our state," a source close to the family reportedly said.
Among the six accused in the case, three have already been arrested and remaining three are absconding.
Sunil Kumar alias Pulsar Suni and two other accused, Manikandan and Vigeesh, have been absconding since Friday night, according to the police.
The three accused have filed for anticipatory bail in the Kerala High Court.
In their bail plea, the accused argued that they were innocent and that they were not involved in the abduction of the actor.
The accused claimed that they were being framed and that the police did not have any evidence against them to prove their involvement.