PM Modi hails ISRO's success, ballistic missile test in his Mann ki Baat address
PM Modi talked about brotherhood and peace on the occasions of Basant Panchami, Holi and Shivratri.
In his 29th monthly address to the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and addressed defence security as well as digital economy amidst other issues.
This comes a day prior to the crucial fifth phase of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. The centre had to seek clearance from the Election Commission to air the broadcast as the model code of conduct is in force in the poll-bound states of Uttar Pradesh and Manipur, which will vote next month.
Earlier in his addresses, PM Modi spoken about various issues ranging from drug addiction, exam stress, yoga to economy, corruption and farmers' issues.
Speaking today, PM Modi talked about brotherhood and peace on the occasions of Basant Panchami, Holi and Shivratri. He thanked people who gave him suggestions and comments ahead of the Mann Ki Baat speech.
ISRO Satellite Mission
- 15 February, 2017, is a proud day in India's history.
- After the success of Mangalyaan, the 104 satellite launch on a single rocket is another feather in ISRO's cap.
- India has created a world record. Also, it was the PSLV's 38th successful mission
- The mission was cost-effective and efficient, which has become a marvel for the entire world.
- I congratulate ISRO's scientists on behalf of countrymen.
Ballistic Missile Interceptor
- We have successfully tested the Ballistic Interceptor Missile.
- Only four or five countries have this capability and our scientists have achieved this.
- It can defeat an enemy missile in outer space itself.
Importance of Science
- The spirit of inquiry has played a major role in scientific and human development.
- Mahatma Gandhi said, "No science has dropped from the sky in a perfect form. All science is developed through experience."
- During the 14th Pravasi Bharati Divas, a competition was organised on socially useful innovations.
- An App was displayed for fishermen. Our fishermen could locate the best zone of fish, wind conditions, tides etc through this App.
- Our society is becoming technology driven. Stress is now being laid on digital transactions.
- People are moving towards digital currency.
- The Lucky Grahak and Digidhan Vyapari schemes are very successful. These events have turned digital transactions into a movement.
- Rewards worth more than 150 crore have been distributed.
- Over 100 people have received 1 lakh rupees. People from all sections are participating in this movement.
- Winners included 15 year olds to 65 year olds.
- It has a major role to eradicate corruption and black money.
- Those associated with it are soldiers of anti-corruption cadre.
- On 14 April, when the scheme ends, it will be Dr Ambedkar's birthday. To commemorate his birthday, let us teach at least 125 people to use the BHIM App.
- We have over 2,700 lakh tonnes of foodgrains this year. I thank my farmer friends.
- Farmers deserve a special mention. Pulses are important source of protein and 2,900 lakh hectare of land was used to cultivate pulses.
- They responded to my call with record pulse production.
- I congratulate them for their service.
- The cleanliness drive is gaining momentum. Recently, a water and sanitation programme was organised in Warangal. Senior officials of states attended the programme. Toilet pit emptying exercises were held and houses were cleaned. Twin pit toilets may be reused and they are convenient to use and clean.
- What we consider as waste, it is important as compost and fertiliser.
- We will extensively stress upon cleanliness in the month of March.
- When a citizen does something amazing, the entire nation feels proud.
- Our differently-abled athletes made us proud in Rio.
- Our blind cricketers of India beat Pakistan and became world champion.
- I believe differently-abled are determined and confident. We can learn a lot from them.
Women In India
- Women are also making India proud, whether in science or sports.
- Our women won the Rugby-7 tournament.
- March 8 is International Women's Day. Our Beti bachao, Beti Padhao is today, more than a scheme. It is a mass movement. Many have joined this mission. A positive change is seen in the mindsets.