Only 40 percent trains on time in Allahabad Division

Despite the Railway Minister Piyush Goel’s concern over the alarming situation arising due to late run of hundreds of trains through out the country, 60 percent of the trains running in one of the most important Allahabad division of the Indian Railways are running late.

Only 40 percent trains on time in Allahabad Division

Despite the Railway Minister Piyush Goel's concern over the alarming situation arising due to late run of hundreds of trains through out the country, 60 percent of the trains running in one of the most important Allahabad division of the Indian Railways are running late.

Though Piyush Goel has categorically said that if the situation is not brought under control, the promotion of officials may be under consideration, only 40 percent of the trains are running on time while the rest of the 60 percent trains are running at an average late of 4 to 6 hours.

Not only the passengers are being taken for a ride even the entire time table of the Indian Railways is being massively hit. From Ghaziabad to Mughalsarai, coming under the Allahabad division, there are 225 trains on an average plying including Rajdhani, Duronto and several other mails, expresses and superfast trains and are being severely hit.

According to a study, trains coming from the Ghaziabad side are relatively less late when compared to that of the train coming from the Mughal Sarai side. Once these trains turns late it is very difficult to resume the time table within a short span of time. Apart from being late on its own, the tracks are also being upgraded and web switches and Think are being installed hence the maximum numbers of blocks are being put on this division.

Apart from this the load has also increased due to the special trains introduced during the peak summer season to clear the extra rush at the stations.

When Allahabad division PRO Sunil Gupta was contacted, he informed that only 40 percent trains in the division could follow the proper time table during April and May. "We are regularly working on increasing the train speed and better movement of the trains and the problems would be solved within a specific time frame", he said.